Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busy busy busy..

I think a disney character says that right? I want to say the White Rabbit but I don't think thats right.

Anyway. We have a deck! Yay! No more 9ft drop off the back of the house. It was supposed to take 4 days. And it did. But not in a row thanks to the ton of rain we've been blessed with. Oh did that blessed sound sarcastic? I wonder why?

Its a great deck and I'm very pleased with it. Even more pleased at the idea of going furniture shopping for it. Naturally as soon as I told her about it the next day Mum called to tell me she'd found furniture for me. Hey! Thats my fun! Anyway someone was selling this stuff pretty cheap and she'd decided it would be just want I wanted. Even though I don't really know what I want. Also, how would I get it home? Leave my kids somewhere so it would fit in the van? And would it even fit anyway?

In other news, we're hoping to rent a cottage for a week on Long Point Beach. This involvs getting the Crypt Keeper to actually look at the cottages, dates and prices that are currently available before they are all snapped up. This is the difficult bit.

And as a public service note, when you get inspired by a friend to make a collar and you decide to torch the edges a bit (again inspired by same friend) ...

.....

take it off before you take the lighter to it...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

But a 9ft drop off the back of the house makes life so much more interesting!!