Saturday, April 17, 2010

The holy grail...

...is actually a cast iron stew pot. Seriously. I have spent far too much time searching for one with little success. I have found them in antique shops but so far they've all been false grails. No lids, cracks, oversized (guess that one was to feed the 5000) or some other problem that tells me it is not the true grail and to purchase said grail would end up with some old knight claiming "She chose poorly", as I turn into dust and blow away.

A new cast iron stewpot is elusive as Bigfoot and Nessie. Hell they probably have them all which is why I can't find them. And I don't want one covered in enamel in "Fashion Colours!" I want black. Scarey, witchy, heavy black. But not scarey or witchy 'cause this is the grail right?

How am I supposed to cook on an open hearth in an 1810 Inn with Corning Ware? it just doesn't work.

I have my cast iron roll pan. I have my wooden spoon. I have my *doubles as a murder weapon* fork. Can I please get a pot?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You wouldn't think they'd be that hard to find. I'll keep my eyes open for you on my travels!